Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

On meeting J. Gierach and dealing with high water

























Last night, I met one of my heroes.  John Gierach is wrapping up a book tour for his latest book All Fishermen are Liars.  His last stop before going back to Colorado was Missoula.  I have read about Gierach's feelings toward book signings in the chapter "Book Tours" in No Shortage of Good Days.  I hope he still gets the chance at some pre-runoff fishing.  We here in western Montana sure don't!       

The flows on all the fish-able streams in western Montana are elevated.  Some rivers are straight-up blown out.  If you want to fish, you'll have to go as high up the respective drainage as possible (ie. Warm Springs, West Fork, P-burg route).  The lakes are fishing well and I'm anxiously planning a trip to the Missouri.  I hope on stopping by at Browns lake for a day.  I'll have a full report on the lake and spring hatches on the Mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment