Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Mint condition Martin MG-7 fly reel!

My new, mint condition, Martin MG-7



I scored this never-been-used Martin MG-7 from an estate sale here in Butte, Montana.  I don't even know if this beauty has ever seen the light of day!  The research I have done, dates this model to the late 70's.  It came with the original leather pouch, a warranty, and instructions pamplet complete with the little metal logo.















































I've been debating whether to put it on the shelf as a museum piece or to fish it.  I'd love to put it on a glass rod!  I think I'll fish it and cherish it.  You should hear the sounds it makes!  I can't wait to hear it scream!

(Updated after work)  Ha ha ha.  I wrote this post in a huge hurry before work today.  I didn't realize how bad my grammar was and that I put the same picture on there twice!  Sorry, fixed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment