Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Degrees Of Gray In Phillipsburg

I love Phillipsburg, Mt.  In fact, it is a very special place for many different aspects of my life.  I was part of making the "Degrees of Gray" into the "Prettiest Painted Places in America" a few years back.  When I entered into the professional world of trout conservation, I cut my teeth in the Flint Creek Valley working with ranchers and their irrigation diversions during a low water year.  Yes, people told me they would shoot me, a lot.

Richard Hugo is awesome.  This is a video of a short interview and then, a short clip where he reads his poem "Degrees of Gray in Phillipsburg" to a backdrop of some P-burg and Granite footage.



Make a good stiff drink and listen to some poetry!
The Flint Creek Valley offers some fantastic fly fishing.

  • Georgetown Lake
  • Flint Creek
  • Boulder Creek
  • Trout Creek
  • Upper Rock Creek
  • Plus mountain lakes and secret creeks galore!

No comments:

Post a Comment