Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

My pet carp

My Three Sons of Bitches



























My girlfriend and I rescued these guys from a dismal end this summer.  Fishstick, the largest is about 5 inches long.  After a couple weeks of recovery, these fish are in great shape and are a ton of fun to watch.  Goldfish (Carassius auratus) is one of the smallest members of the carp/minnow family (Cyprinidae) and they have very similar looks and behaviors. They are always tailing around the tank and they cloop like crazy when we feed them.  The cat likes them too!


Peep the cat stalks Sanchez the mini carp 


























I'm having a nasty case of fishing withdrawal as I've been too busy birding in the Berkeley Pit. Yep, I said that and yep, it's true.  Unless there is a major emergency, I will be out on the boat in some new water this weekend.  Stay tuned for some autumn beauty in Montana and more fishy nonsense... 

No comments:

Post a Comment