Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

Quick Jaunt to the Big Hole

Big Hole Brown



My first semester of graduate school is almost over and I'm barely hanging in there.  I had enough time to shoot down to Maiden Rock yesterday afternoon for a quicky just to get my head straight. The Big Hole is flowing great and is the classic tea color.  It looks absolutely perfect for a float!

Pound the banks with leggy nymphs or the dude rig and keep an eye out for rises in any type of slack water.  There was a solid March brown hatch yesterday in the snow and wind and the fish were on it.

Once this semester is over, I'll only have to work 40 hours a week like a normal human being and I've got lots of fishing trips planned and new places to discover.  I can't wait!

Big Hole mule deer






















No comments:

Post a Comment