Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Escape to Racetrack, Montana

Shadow with trout


























I snuck away yesterday.  I had to.  Plus, I really wanted to explore some new water and check out a pond that George Grant Trout Unlimited has been working on.

Racetrack brown trout

























I came across some of the gnarliest rip rap I had ever seen.  This is utterly disgusting!!  What an absolute horrible hazard.  This whole bank is lined with tons and tons of giant balls of tangled metal wire and a couple cars (Detroit rip-rap).  Rip-rap (stream bank reinforcement) is bad for streams in many ways but this is just ridiculous as it also poses a major safety hazard for people and animals. Gross!

Metal wire balls rip-rap


























Racetrack Pond

























Racetrack Pond is a really large pond/small reservoir in Racetrack Montana.  It is a stocker pond for families and meat fisherpeople.  With some love, this place could be as popular as stupid Beavertail Pond near Missoula.  I'm excited to see what will happen here in the coming years.


Butte headframe at sunset


























Took this shot on my way home from picking up a grocery store rotisserie chicken for dinner.  I was tired and happy.  Now back to the insanity...

No comments:

Post a Comment