Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Suprise trip to the Big Hole

The prettiest sun dog I've ever seen
























RBM got a last minute invite to go float the Big Hole with two guides yesterday.  I learned a bunch of new stuff including some new flies and a classic "dude rig" using streamers that I can't wait to use, on some family and friends who need all the help they can get, of course.  I'll post on that soon.

The Big Hole is big and clear (tea colored like always) and fished pretty good.  It took two guides and a trout bum a little while to solve the puzzle on the unfamiliar water, but when we did it was on!

The rivers around Missoula are about to start fishing balls-to-the-wall in the next week or so.  Folks are already on the Blackfoot fishing the colored water and word is that salmonflies on the Creek are days away. I'm going to check out my not so secret high water spot on the lower Clark Fork today.  The Upper Clark Fork looked pretty damn sexy as we drove past it yesterday.  Here we go, summer fishing!

Mostly cloudy on the Big Hole = brown trout


No comments:

Post a Comment