Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

For Mom, on Mother's Day

























I fish because of my Mom.  She first exposed me to trout, tackle, boats, and beautiful places when I was really little.  She has had to deal with both the positive and negative aspects of that exposure ever since.

When I was a kid, going fishing with my mom and sister was my absolute favorite thing in the world.  We fished all over NY state and for anything that swam.  In those days, we were plunkers.  Most of our nightcrawlers were harvested late-night, after we watered the lawn, with flashlights and pajamas.  That's some fun shit when your a little kid!

When I was little, my mom seemed to have a magical ability to out-fish everyone all the time.  The great equalizer has been her initial learning curve for fly fishing.  I've got a feeling my advantage is dwindling and I couldn't be happier about it.

So, to my fishing mom, and all the other women who've shown children the beauty of fishing and nature, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Mom on the Mo






















Mom on flats boat in Boca Grande







No comments:

Post a Comment