Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Hanging in there

I do not belong in California.  I have been hanging out and working with some great people but feel like the proverbial fish out of water (all drought puns intended).  I've been all over the freaking place and I think I've now seen more of California than most Californians.

I'm in the Tahoe area for one more day and then it's off to the Wilderness area of Yosemite to work way the hell up at the top of the Sierra's.  I checked my map and asked some other crew members but got a quick - "there's lakes but we won't be around one and the stream is almost dry."  AHHHHH, I'm freaking dying.

They say absence makes the heart grow stronger.  I'm not going to leave Montana again for a long time - unless it is specifically to go on a fishing trip.

I think John Stienbeck said it best.

“I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.”

- J. Stienbeck 

Here's some views from Lake Tahoe:

Cops at the beach writing tickets

Beach bike

Too many people

South shore of Lake Tahoe

No comments:

Post a Comment