Pages

Friday, October 20, 2017

Sometimes the fishing blows...

Whitecaps on the Three Forks golf course pond


























Yesterday's forecast called for 75 degrees and 8-15 mph winds.  I forgot to do the Central Montana add 10.  Along the Rocky Mountain Front, from Clark Canyon Reservoir up to the Canadian border, you have to add 10 mph to the forecast wind speeds to get the actual wind speed. For instance, say you're going to float the Missouri River and the NOAA forecast calls for 7-10 mph wind with gusts to 15.  Well, in reality, it's probably going to be 17-20 mph with gusts to 25. Yesterday, I was so optimistic to go fishing and needed it so bad, that I neglected to do that.  In this case, I should have added 20 mph as the sustained gusts were enough to halt my plans for fishing altogether.  Anyway, I heard Georgetown Lake had 2 ft. swells yesterday.  I can't imagine what it was like on the Missouri!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment