Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Drop Jaw Flies

Picture
Photo from dropjawflies.com 
























I met the guys from Drop Jaw Flies the other night at the film tour in Butte.  They make a cool product which caught my eye, these beautiful, hand-painted streamer heads.

I talked to them for a bit and they told me the process of creating, painting, and putting a tough finish on them.  I thought they looked great and imagined how they would look on some of my own streamer patterns.  These are the kind of thing that catch fisherpeople and can make tying more fun. However, you know how effective having eyeballs on flies can be.  It has been shown that predator fish are attracted to, and many times attack the eye of baitfish.

I noticed that the Drop Jaw guys were selling raffle tickets and that the revenue would be going to our local George Grant Chapter of Trout Unlimited.  So, of course, I bought some.

Turns out, for the first time ever, I actually won the raffle.  I won a two-pack and can't wait to tie with them and fish them.  I'm thinking some Southwest Montana browns are going to drop their jaws in the next couple weeks when they see whatever creation I put behind one of these heads swim through their run.

Here is a really pretty fly tied by "@rbtek1." That's freaking gorgeous!!

Photo from Drop Jaw Flies via Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment