Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Building Christine

This is not really a how-to but it does provide some insight into the process.  I built my infamous red boat 5 years ago.  It took over two months with some daily work and was one of my greatest life accomplishments so far.  Enjoy.
My boat was built upside-down on this frame

A scarf joint makes lumber long enough for boats

Best and most beautiful dog that ever lived on planet earth!!





Putting the skin on

Lots of fiberglass and epoxy



Front compartment

Building the rear compartment/platform

Rear compartment

Finished shell

Outer paint, chines, and gunwhales


The inside with the old blue seat




My ex-rower




























I cannot describe what it has been like to have built this boat and then have so many great times with it.  Her name is Christine.  She is named after my Grandmother.  The boat was designed by Ken Hankinson and I bought the plans from Glen-L Marine.  This boat is the 14' drifter model.  They have a few drift boat plans and a seemingly endless supply of boat plans in general.

If anyone has any boat building question, email me or write it in the comments  

No comments:

Post a Comment