Pages

Monday, November 23, 2015

It's my time!


Early winter on the Bitterroot


I love to fish in the winter.  There is just something about it that makes it more mysterious or something.  I always catch the biggest fish in the winter which may be part of it.  Also, there is no one around, no tubers, no dudes, no noise.  I certainly love the spring and fall but winter holds a special place in my heart. Summer can go suck it!

 



Most people spend the winter tying flies or skiing and I do enjoy that too.  However, if it gets above 32 deg F, I'll be damned if you don't find me mining a winter run for some silver and gold.  In the Butte area we have a solid couple of winter options to choose from.  We've got the newly restored tailwater section of the Upper Clark Fork below the Warm Springs Ponds, the Beaverhead is a wintertime must, the Ruby will be on the radar big-time this year, and the mighty MO is an hour and a half away.  That's just a start really...

  



Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment